To work with the Pepperi API, your application must provide the necessary authentication credentials in each HTTP request to Pepperi.
The way to provide these credentials depends on the type of application that you're developing.
Pepperi supports two different types of applications: public applications and private applications.
Private applications are Apps developed internally or on bahalf of one or few particular Pepperi Accounts.
These applications authenticate with Pepperi through basic HTTP authentication and Developer API Key.
Steps to get your Developer API Key and your company's API Token:
- Register to this web site - it's free!
- Create a new App - and get an API "Consumer Key"
- Make your first API Request to get a Pepperi company API Access Token , using company/apitoken.
- Provide Pepperi Admin User name and Password.
- Get back a Pepepri company "APIToken" and "BaseURI" - The API Token along with the Base URI must be saved by you for the use of all API future requests. (Base URI in most cases is api.pepperi.com but it could be different for customers residing on specific Pepperi cloud server)
- Start making API requests using user name "TokenAuth" and your API Token as password + Your App Consumer Key as the
Public applications are Apps listed on the Pepperi Plugin Directory, and therefore can interact with the Pepperi API on behalf of multiple Pepperi accounts, as long as the application has been granted explicit permission by the Pepperi Admin user manually granting the App access permission.
You can create a public application from the Apps page, just check the checkbox "I would like to publish my App on Pepperi Integration Directory" and our Partner Team will contact you and walk you through the process of making your App public.
Public applications must authenticate to Pepperi through the OAuth 2.0 security standard.